Wrapped up in your favourite rainwear.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Nylon macs

Re: Wrapped up in your favourite rainwear.

Post by Nylon macs »

annabell-cagoule wrote: February 26th, 2023, 8:01 pm Has to be nylon cagoules for me!
Wonderful nylon cagoules and rain trousers mmm
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Re: Wrapped up in your favourite rainwear.

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

I enjoy wearing multiple layers of shiny transparent (also referred to as glass clear) or shiny-both-sides opaque raincoats or rainsuits. Also, I enjoy immersing myself in multiple layers of bedding or sleepsacks/bodybags made from the same materials.

The 'rustling' and 'creaking' noises these materials make are sensually stimulating, and I also enjoy the smooth and soft feel of the PVC.

The 'sticky' and shiny or glass clear PVC materials make the most noise. I find that, if the material exhibits a phenomenon referred to the plastics manufacturing industry as 'blocking', it tends to make the lovely rusting and creaking noises. 'Blocking' is where the surfaces of glossy or glass clear materials adhere to each other, sort of like how clingfilm sticks to itself. PVC materials with shiny surfaces, such as shiny-both-sides or shiny transparent (glass clear) PVC, are most prone to 'blocking', hence noise effect. The softness of the PVC also plays a role in the 'noise factor': I find that PVC containing phthalate plasticiser has a a silky-smooth softness, and it makes the most 'rustling' and 'creaking' noise. Phthalate-free PVC materials are disappointing: they have a harsh paper-like feel (they lack softness), and they make much less noise.