Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
snapfront

Re: Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

Post by snapfront »

do you recall putting up a fight about wearing it? and do you remember whether or not you actually loathed them? or was it a veiled attempt to hide your interest in them?
Cagoulelover

Post by Cagoulelover »

When I was younger it was quite nerdy to wear rainwear and especially cagoules but I don’t recall being made to wear one, I just don’t remember wearing one apart from the odd occasion maybe. I had a blue one made by citizen which had a elastic hood which I didn’t like but it was for school trips and sometimes my paper round so didn’t come out the cupboard very often. My concern was always that people would somehow know of my burgeoning sexual feelings towards rainwear and cagoules. This being many (many!!) years before the internet, I didn’t know this was a thing that other people had.
Sorry, gone off topic….. in answer to your question, no.
snapfront

Post by snapfront »

I remember a very similar instance while staying over at a friend's house, being forced to wear a nylon windbreaker out to dinner. it was the snap up coaches jacket, unlined with the school seal on the left chest. having already gotten in trouble this type of jacket before, I put up a big fuss about not needing to wear a jacket, but his mom wouldn't hear it. being a mother of 4, a boy my age, and three older girls. her entire method of parenting seemed to be discipline through humiliation.

I recall her voice as though it was yesterday. "if you don't put that jacket on now, I'm going to put you in it myself and glue the snaps shut.
there was an immediate outcry of laughter from all four kids as I felt all the blood rush to my face.

lightheaded, I quickly consented to wearing the jacket to avoid further embarrassment. I spent the entire evening in some sort of pleasure haze while trying to do anything I could to throw them off the scent to how much I was enjoying myself.

on the way home I pretended to fall asleep in the car in hopes that I would be carried into the room and put to bed wearing the jacket. but of course, nothing went according to my plan.

at the end of the school year they moved away, but from time to time, would stop by while visiting family. and one year we even went on vacation to visit them in texas, but eventually lost touch all together.

to this day I remember spending a lot of time wishing that she was my mother and that she would make those kinds of threats on a regular basis.
I often imagined what it would have been like to be permanently glued into a jacket as well as wondering whether or not it was something she secretly enjoyed.
snapfront

Post by snapfront »

[/quote]

Did it have taped seams?
[/quote]

it didn't it wasn't really a rain jacket as much as it was a windbreaker.
a super dorky windbreaker at that.
snapfront

Post by snapfront »

I would imagine some here would agree with you while most others would not.
for me it's the difference between being water resistant and waterproof.
maidjenny

Post by maidjenny »

I think i was about 10 when my mum produced a pac a mac for me to wear to go into town with her. She put me in it and fastened to the neck, i was protesting saying it wasnt raining, but she insisted saying it will later. This was the 1960s, she wore a blue pvc mac from c and a and some shiny boots.
When in town it did rain and she put a spotted rain mate on me . Now i am 73 but still love to wear pac a macs.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Sounds wonderful to be forced to wear a mac .I would just make out I don't like one .but live every moment of it 😂😂👍👍
MrCagoule

Post by MrCagoule »

Nylon macs wrote: March 9th, 2023, 9:55 am Sounds wonderful to be forced to wear a mac .I would just make out I don't like one .but live every moment of it 😂😂👍👍
I think I would too.
"Why are dressing me in this cagoule and overtrousers? I really don't want to wear them. Please don't make me."
"Another cagoule? Seriously?"
Rives

Post by Rives »

I most certainly have. I was made to wear a full length nylon pakamac up to and beyond 18, wearing this to school and outside school, and always buttoned to the neck and "worn properly". The trips to the outfitters were filled with dread, being made to try on a number of different colours, sizes and lengths, and often standing in front of the Saturday Girl being buttoned up by her.

I'd initially refuse and then provide resistance, but I was no much for my mother and the Saturday Girl combined, and would be buttoned up like a child.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

That is embarrassing to have a shop assistant help button up your mac and try on different ones on especially if you love the mac's could of taken you in the back room and put theme all on together that would of been nice .