chinese bubblegum rainsuit smell

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rainwearseeker

chinese bubblegum rainsuit smell

Post by rainwearseeker »

so i decided to open up my pvc rain suit that i had stored for over a year and it smells really strong. i tried using soap but it has this strong odor and i wonder if it is givine me headaches. not even with the windows open does it removal the smell. i decided to throw away the pants because i was not going to wear them and the suit is semi transparent so i could wear it backwards by having an inner hood. fortunately it did not cost me that much to purchase but i am disappointed because of how strong and possibly unsafe the odor is. has anyone ever had this problem?
marcus_germany

Re: chinese bubblegum rainsuit smell

Post by marcus_germany »

Not with Rainwear but with pool inflatables, but in the late 90s the globus hardware store had pvc inflatables woth this strong odor. I also do not like this. It also let to headaches by me. Luckily today all hardware stores here in germany have inflatables from intex. Very good quality. no smell.

The problem with cheap chemical stinking pvc seems to exist with any type of pvc products, The best solution is only to buy brands where you know that the pvc is a good quality e.G. Pvc-u-like for raincoats, intex for pool floats and so on.
PVC is sexy.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

i got my rainsuit from MIK which is the North American partner of PUL. it is an SU32. i decided to throw it out but that strong smell could have also been the irish spring soap in my bathroom.
Indian_PVC29

Post by Indian_PVC29 »

I love the fresh PVC smell not a fan of odorless PVC rainwear, never had strong smelling PVC so not sure what kind of smell it is.
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

rainwearseeker wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:02 pm so i decided to open up my pvc rain suit that i had stored for over a year and it smells really strong. i tried using soap but it has this strong odor and i wonder if it is givine me headaches. not even with the windows open does it removal the smell. i decided to throw away the pants because i was not going to wear them and the suit is semi transparent so i could wear it backwards by having an inner hood. fortunately it did not cost me that much to purchase but i am disappointed because of how strong and possibly unsafe the odor is. has anyone ever had this problem?
I would love to wear the pants instead of them being thrown away. Would you consider selling them to me?
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

unfortunately i just threw them in the trash.
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

rainwearseeker wrote: June 8th, 2023, 1:30 am unfortunately i just threw them in the trash.
what a total waste of lovely plastic gear!