All Set for the Wet Season!

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

All Set for the Wet Season!

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

Just thought I'd show some of our rainwear collection: raincoats and jelly jackets made from noisy and soft glass clear PVC. A few shiny black PVC raincoats. A few OK-ish EVA raincoats (I say 'OK-ish' because EVA is not as good as PVC, in my opinion, but still). A few shiny black PU puffer-style jackets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTJFEm7adsY
plasticlover1

Re: All Set for the Wet Season!

Post by plasticlover1 »

Would love to get amoungst your rack of plastic coats.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 11:46 pm Just thought I'd show some of our rainwear collection: raincoats and jelly jackets made from noisy and soft glass clear PVC. A few shiny black PVC raincoats. A few OK-ish EVA raincoats (I say 'OK-ish' because EVA is not as good as PVC, in my opinion, but still). A few shiny black PU puffer-style jackets.

If your ever going to have a shiny rainwear party please invite me .
You have a lovely collection of sticky transparent jelly mac's you've collected over a time .
Looks amazing ☔☔☔👌👌
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

What a great collection ! My collection is quite similar.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/87934922@N00/

I love the crackling sound of these raincoats.
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

Question to PVC Vinyl Enthusiast :
The opaque black and the red raincoats are very shiny and quite noisy and crackly, too.
Are they from Plastico or PUL ?
Or any different brand ?
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

rainfash wrote: May 26th, 2024, 1:27 pm Question to PVC Vinyl Enthusiast :
The opaque black and the red raincoats are very shiny and quite noisy and crackly, too.
Are they from Plastico or PUL ?
Or any different brand ?
Hi Rainfash;

The following are Plastico:
The shiny red opaque raincoat with white plastic buttons and white pull-string cord on the hood;
The shiny black opaque raincoat with white plastic button and white pull-string cord on the hood (around 4 mins 28 seconds in the video);
The yellow glass clear raincoat with black plastic buttons (around 1 minute 23 seconds). You'll notice that it is a different shade of yellow compared to the other glass clear raincoat featured around 4 mins. 4 seconds. The one at 4 mins 4 seconds is a PVC-U-Like raincoat. The Plastico raincoat has a different texture and makes a different 'crackling' or 'rustling' noise; I imagine that's because a different type of plasticizer was used in the PVC material.

All of the other raincoats, aside from the clear EVA macs with black trim, and the 2 shiny Ellesse black hooded puffer coats, are PVC-U-Like products.
Last edited by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast on May 27th, 2024, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

plasticlover1 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 3:26 pm Would love to get amoungst your rack of plastic coats.
I bet you would!
They are very soft (aside from the EVA macs I bought off Amazon, which I am not really a fan of) and 'rustly'. My kind of PVC! (although, the two black shiny puffers and the EVA macs are obviously not PVC. The shiny puffers are PU).
The PVC of the PVC-U-Like coats smells nice, too.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

rainfash wrote: May 25th, 2024, 10:36 pm What a great collection ! My collection is quite similar.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/87934922@N00/

I love the crackling sound of these raincoats.
Same here! The noise they make is a big aspect of the sensory appeal
Last edited by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast on May 27th, 2024, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Nylon macs wrote: May 25th, 2024, 4:34 am
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 11:46 pm Just thought I'd show some of our rainwear collection: raincoats and jelly jackets made from noisy and soft glass clear PVC. A few shiny black PVC raincoats. A few OK-ish EVA raincoats (I say 'OK-ish' because EVA is not as good as PVC, in my opinion, but still). A few shiny black PU puffer-style jackets.

You have a lovely collection of sticky transparent jelly mac's you've collected over a time .
Looks amazing ☔☔☔👌👌
Lol, I have your name down on the Invitee list.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: May 27th, 2024, 5:27 pm
Nylon macs wrote: May 25th, 2024, 4:34 am

Looks amazing ☔☔☔👌👌
Lol, I have your name down on the Invitee list.
Wow big thank you.
Look forward to it mmm 👍👍👍👍