Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
There is obvious stuff like washing the car or walking the dog, but what other things have you had to do that were supposed to be dull but you thoroughly enjoyed because you were in rainwear? I once went to the household recycling centre, a job I really hate normally, but because it was overcast I managed to wear my clear plastic sauna suit with nothing underneath and regatta two-piece rain suit on top. Hurling bags of rubbish into the skips was great fun, and I got lovely and warm!
Cherie x
Cherie x
-
northernbloke
- Posts: 107
- Joined: February 8th, 2019, 9:50 pm
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Are there any REAL ladies here who hoover their house wearing pvc rainwear ?
-
Rainworshipper
- Posts: 802
- Joined: September 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm
- Location: Cornwall
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Digging the allotment when it is raining, I wear one of my macs, makes the task enjoyable.
-
yellowgirl
- Posts: 213
- Joined: November 1st, 2014, 9:22 pm
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Well my wife and I wear our rainsuits while we stub the shower and yes she does wear her long raincoats while vacuuming the house.I also wear my suits while cleaning the house or the pool.
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
I have a black double breasted trench coat, that makes gardening and cutting the grass, that much more pleasurable, maybe with a pair of Marigolds
-
Rainworshipper
- Posts: 802
- Joined: September 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm
- Location: Cornwall
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Many years ago now, I used to work as a milkroundsman, I secretly used to like the really rainy mornings. It gave me a good excuse to wear a Peter Storm cagoule and overtrousers, it felt brilliant being out in the bucketting rain.
-
wetrainwear
- Posts: 169
- Joined: August 1st, 2018, 12:13 pm
- Location: Notts
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Every mundane task is improved by wearing waterproofs, wellingtons and rubber gloves
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
I love washing my car wearing my favourite rainwear outfit which is normally a skirt and a nylon raincoat, it's even better if it's raining
-
Smelly waterproofs
- Posts: 76
- Joined: December 28th, 2024, 7:45 pm
- Location: Dorset, England
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Absolutely. No question!! Jxwetrainwear wrote: Today, 8:32 am Every mundane task is improved by wearing waterproofs, wellingtons and rubber gloves
-
1000Raincoats
- Posts: 187
- Joined: June 11th, 2010, 3:23 pm
- Location: Denmark
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
For my part, it has become almost standard for me to wear one of my nylon raincoats from morning till night—both indoors and out—except when I’m at work. I can always find an occasion to put on the raincoat if I need to do something.