Adult puddlesuits

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Nylon macs

Re: Adult puddlesuits

Post by Nylon macs »

annabell-cagoule wrote: November 12th, 2023, 8:10 am Can’t wait to get my own!!!!
You will definitely enjoy and love theme Annabell 👍👍
Gerlid

Post by Gerlid »

Hi, not sure what exactly a puddlesuit is, remember I’m from Sweden and are not aware of all names for raingear in English.
But I have an rather old nylon overall, one piece with zipper front and a hood. Used it on the sailing boat we had before. It’s made of white, rather thick nylon and really swichy when moving in it.
After all those years, it’s not so waterproof anylonger but rather fun to play with in the shower. So nice to use the massage function on the shower head and to feel the pulsating water hitting the nylon overall. When soaked, it becomes almost transparent.
Still remember my wife using it when sailing, a little bit to large for her, but very sexy when it was wet from water spraying from the sea. It became really shiny from water.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Thats kind of what it is. Basically an all in one nylon waterproof suit, probably lighter weight than the sailing one you have, more cagoule type weight materials.
Very similar to the ones worn by kids when heading out to play on a wet day out.

Like these:

https://drykids.co.uk/collections/adults-all-in-ones
Lets get swishy!
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

annabell-cagoule wrote: November 13th, 2023, 6:49 am Thats kind of what it is. Basically an all in one nylon waterproof suit, probably lighter weight than the sailing one you have, more cagoule type weight materials.
Very similar to the ones worn by kids when heading out to play on a wet day out.

Like these:

The first 3 that you see on the page is the 3 I've bought from here. I'm now thinking of getting a nice pink one .
Maybe all the colours they have .I love theme .feels lovely when wearing 2 at once
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Love the pink ones too! Going to get the navy blue first.
Lets get swishy!
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

annabell-cagoule wrote: November 13th, 2023, 6:56 am Love the pink ones too! Going to get the navy blue first.
.lovely colours.
The only thing I don't like is the mash in the hood .
I was thinking weather to cut it out as I just love to feel the shiny part on my skin xx
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

annabell-cagoule wrote: November 13th, 2023, 6:49 am Thats kind of what it is. Basically an all in one nylon waterproof suit, probably lighter weight than the sailing one you have, more cagoule type weight materials.

Like these:

What a great web site and store for the grown up page.
And… the site claims it is pvc coated nylon. But is it? Is it accurately fully waterproof pvc? Or a polyurethane or just a thin coating? I cannot tell from the photos.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Just put my new camouflage puddle suit on to go out in this heavy rain .and test it out as I'm working outside this morning cleaning in the town area.
Hopefully will see others out here on there lovely rainwear.
Gerlid

Post by Gerlid »

Like these:

Thanks for answer. I think my overall is something between thin cagoules and heavy sailing ones. It’s not like the heavy ones from Rukka or Helly Hansen and not as thin as my cagoules.
It’s just a lovely one pice nylon overall with no coating inside, lovely feeling to be wrapped up in this soft nylon. So nice to take a shower in and feel the water slowly penetrate the nylon, it’s not so waterproof anylonger. Guess it’s been washed to many times
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Not long got back home and can say these are definitely waterproof. Did not let one bit of rain in.
But did sweat abit inside. I just wanted to try it out properly in the heavy rain we had this morning. So put it on as was working outside on site sweeping up forecourt
And it was peeing down constantly. Hood up and enjoyed the lovely rain .
They ar a bit thicker than nylon cagoules and sounds lovely swishing away as I walk around.
Very happy and for the price £30.
Brand new cant grumbled.